About our boxes
The OS on our web server is TinyCore Linux.
I used to use Slackware Linux, but it was time to move to VM's.
It's a relatively new homegrown box. I had some issues with it as a desktop box so it got demoted to the server room (bathroom closet).
Here are the parts, in no particular order:
- MSI A88XM-E45 motherboard
- RealTek 8111G 10/100/1000 Mbps NIC
- AMD A8-7600 processor
- 8 GB RAM
- Adaptec 3405 RAID controller with two drives in RAID 1 set:
- Seagate 1TB hard drive
- Western Digital 1TB hard drive
- RealTek 8139C 10/100 Mbps NIC
- BroadCom 5712 10/100/1000 Mbps NIC
- VMware ESXi hypervisor